Friday, October 16, 2009

gloomy NYC

New York City is gloomy. It has been raining non stop and freezing wet and cold since I stepped my feet on the Big Apple. I still made my way to Ripplu to buy the famous Bradelis with the girls. http://www.bradelisny.com/ *winkz*

Ran my steps through the rain, struggling through the blowing cold wind, took the subway, walked a few streets, bought Bradelis, had meal at a Japanese/Chinese restaurant, felt my nose and throat were giving ways, we made our ways back to hotel, then again, I decided to run out a second time, bought water, dark chocolate raisins, cereals and yogurt (I know I will sure wake up at weird hours of the night feeling hungry. :p), grabbed a nearest Starbucks and zoomed back to hotel again. All these simple tasks seemed like a challenge under the cold.

I seriously dislike the weather now. The plan to factory outlet has to cancel because of the constant raining for the next few days. And it seems so impossible to scroll down to Broadway and Times Square at night in this weather. How disappointing. I always adore the night scene in New York City.

Suddenly.... I kind of dislike winter. It's cold and you have to put on so many layers of clothes, and still feeling as cold as ever. My flu is like getting worse now. I only realised I dozed off at my bed with lappy on and Starbucks half-drank, chocolate half eaten, not yet showered, and a phone call just disturbed me from my sleep, telling me it's time for breakfast. I am like what? Hey....it's only 12plus midnight lor. The caller was still living in Frankfurt time.

Shrug. I need a shower now before going back to bed. The few hours of rain earlier was enough to land myself in deeper shit like not yet recovered flu and sore throat.

Loves.

"sometimes we try very hard to convince ourselves that we deserve much better, without realising that we are actually already in the better. =) "

No comments: