Monday, November 27, 2006

One night in Beijing

Beijing was much colder than I expected. Things are really cheap. Cab, japanese food, full body massage, 2 pair of jeans & room service breakfast were my indulgence in Beijing. *beams*

One sight that didn't really delight me was the beggars on the street, outside the shopping centre that I went to. There was this young boy, I think 3-4 years old kept running & following after us, just wanting some food & money. & he even refused to let us close the cab's door when we were in the cab. I was so tempted to give him some money but they advised me not. Cos if I gave him, the rest would come chasing after us for money too. So poor thing right? This kind of lifestyle shouldn't be part of this young boy's childhood memories. Look at how fortunate our kids are today in Singapore.

Be contented. Simplicity can be a blessing sometimes......

No comments: