Friday, March 12, 2010

he said...

He said,....

"After my father passed away, everything seems to make sense. No matter how many times you fail, how hard you fall, as long as you still have your life, you can always start all over again. I had been through the lowest point in my life. Nothing can go lower than that and I never forget.

I came to Singapore at the age of 13. Straight away after I got off the plane at Changi Airport, I went to clean the bungalow at Pasir Ris resort. My mum was already there cleaning and I went over to help. Money didn't come easy. My mum said for the sake of better life and education for me, my brother and sister, everything was worth it. I was the youngest janitor you probably ever seen in schools. Even the principals were skeptical about me at such young age, doing all the work, cleaning the toilets, sweeping the roads, going through the lifestyle that an normal teenager shouldn't be leading.

Time was tough. My parents, myself and 2 siblings, we stayed in a one room flat. 5 persons squeezing and trying to live, but we all survived and somehow contented, because we are together. My family was together. That's what matters most. We often got loan sharks splashing paint at our door, knocking our doors in the middle of the night. It was the landlord who left all these trouble shit behind for us to handle. It was often nightmares, nightmares and followed by more nightmares.

I am very grateful for today. For whatever I have now. Not just my job, my car, my house but for all the incidents and events that happened in my life. If I am given a choice, I will still choose to come to Singapore again in the first place, going through the same thing again, meeting the same people in my life again. If not for all these, I wouldn't be who I am today."

Tears were stirring in his eyes.

I can't wait to see this friend in sfo again.

;)

No comments: