Friday, February 11, 2011

February

I love February actually. It's different from the rest of the months. Or should I say it's special? It has the least numbers of days and yet it's always flustered with a lot of meaningful occasions. Like Valentine's Day, as much as I always deem that it's way super over-rated, more like a day for the florists to make money, it's a worldwide known festive made known in the celebration of love. I remember some years ago, I was in a faraway land. The boyfriend had way given me a disk with a cover that was drawn by him a few days ago before my trip, and wanted me to open the disk only when it's 14. In a GMT-8 time zone, the weather was barely bearable, the wind was strong, but I felt extremely warm in the heart. The PowerPoint slides that I kept playing through the night, and the watch that became my favorite watch then.

Love shouldn't be celebrated only on Valentine's Day. It should be always celebrated because you are in love. Not necessary in monetary terms, but priceless time, efforts and love you are giving to each other. I always have an imagination. 2 lovebirds sipping champagne, eating strawberries and chocolates, cuddling together, enjoying and appreciating the moment of each other. No expensive gifts but something called love that no one else can take away unless one party has given up.

And February is "Fantabulous". Fantastic and Fabulous. It's my birthday month! Yay! Haha... And I am always struggling to add one more year to my age every year. LOL. Oh well... I am thankful to be living till now, aging gracefully I hope (haha..), going after dreams, and being loved.

Very busy month for the next half of February. But... I am kind of looking forward... :)

No comments: