Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Happy Teachers' Day

So nice. Pri schs, sec schs & JCs get to rest on sep 1. It has been quite a few years since I last celebrated Teachers' Day. I can still remember vividly that years back when I was in my pri & sec schs, I would always buy presents for my teachers. I bought flowers, pencil holders, cards, bottles filled with coloured sands, chocolates..... The teachers who are nicer to me would always get the better presents from me. Haha.

If I'm not wrong, I remember that we always did ACES Day Workout on Teachers' Day in pri sch. There would be teachers & some students standing on the platforms or stages to guide us with the steps. After that, we would have some talent time or concert performances for the teachers. Then when the concert ended, all the teachers and the principals would come up to the stage & cut the Teachers' Day cake, open bottles of champages together.

These are old gd memories. They are the things that you will only do when you are still very young. Who will give a damn about Lecturers' Day in poly? Lecturers' Day is definitely not a public holiday & very few students or I can say no students will go buy presents for the lecturers. Personally, I feel that this is kind of saddening but it is reality. Yeah. Reality.

Anyway, it's not easy to be a teacher & it is even tougher to be a gd teacher. Hence, teachers, you deserve a break. I mean GOOD teachers only.

No comments: