Monday, January 18, 2010

flashes of the past

Re-organising the room, digging out at areas you thought you have forgotten, rekindle many flashes of the past. I saw my schools' report books, the stars and hearts folded nicely in bottles from admirers during the schools' days, some old photos that fell behind the cupboard, now half covered with dust, the missing earring that I always thought I have lost it, birthday cards more than a decade ago, and many more photos that bring back a lot of old fond memories.

I paused, think of the past, the good old school days, many many things I had done last time, and for a moment, I realised it has been so many years. And till then, that I felt I am actually happier in the past, somehow. I don't know why. Maybe growing up has changed me. My thoughts were less complicated, less complex in the past. I don't think so much and I have lesser worries. And now, very often I am so lost in my own thought, or maybe even in my own world too. \

I always used to think growing up is tough. Now I think growing up and getting old, seem even tougher.

No comments: