Sunday, August 15, 2010

Understanding

Understanding is a word we very often find ourselves expecting others to be. We want our boyfriends/girlfriends, parents, siblings, friends, colleagues and almost everyone around us to be understanding towards ourselves. But sometimes we very much forgotten that it's actually a vicious cycle, and according to the Newton's Third Law of Motion, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Understanding should also apply to our own selves as well. How understanding can we be towards others? How gracious can we be in accepting others? As much as we expect others to be understanding towards us, I am sure they expect as much from us as well.

I always thought understanding is such an easy task, and yet there are people and in fact many of them fail to fulfill. And till I very much experience myself, trying to be understanding towards people, especially those who matters to me, I realise it's quite a challenging task to accomplish. Trying to understand why people don't have time for you, trying to understand why people don't call and sms you, trying to understand that almost everyone around you is busy (except your own self, that's why you have the time to brood over the fact why people is too busy to be around with you. HAHA.), trying to understanding why people choose to do certain things in certain ways, trying to understand why people make decisions that collide with what you have in your mind, trying to understand why certain people and certain things just seem more important than you, trying to understand why this and why that, and the trying to be understanding theory just keeps going and going and going.

Maybe it isn't that difficult to be understanding after all, though very often I find it hard to be understanding, and yet I always expect others to be VERY understanding towards me. I am that selfish huh? Perhaps it all boils down to how much tolerance level you have, how you perceive things around you, and how well you manage your own emotions. I am still learning, pretty much. :)

No comments: