Thursday, November 25, 2010

a week

Will be leaving for a week to the South Africa. Haven't been there for 2 years, so am looking forward to have good company, over seafood, steak and wine. =)


I saw the Xmas light up along Orchard Road these few days, which reminded me of Xmas shopping and gathering with the close ones, it also highlighted that the year is coming to an end. Like what people always say, time flies. Things happened, people came in and out of your life, decisions and choice made, happy occasions, as well as the times when the whole world seem to die on you. 365 days we move along in a year, we can experience a great affair of events, and setting resolutions for a new year always take place when a new year is arriving, and then to realise at the end of the year, what have we accomplished? Did I meet my own expectations? Did my wishes come true? Did my dreams become reality?

So far, it has been a good whole fair share of ups and downs. Knowing I can do better, but somehow at times I just lack the courage and passion to try harder. LOL. And seeing everyone else around me moving to the next phase of life, Marriage, it does set a certain amount of anxiety in me. Haha. But then again, if you can find that someone worth spending the rest of your life with, I rather stay out of that league. And there is this contradicting part, your life is only complete when you have your own house and own family. Old saying la. Haha. Was just talking to a good friend the other day, I told her, I want a dragon baby. So please marry me off before dragon year ends. So I have 2 years. LOL. Guess it's not about the time together, setting a timeline to meet that someone to marry you. I guess it's more about meeting the one who are willing to love and take care of you, hoping you are the first one he see every morning he wakes up, doesn't judge you, and still think you are the prettiest even if you grow fat, old, ugly, wrinkles face and teeth drop out. Haha. It can be quite a fairytale dream. But I believe it DOES HAPPEN. :)


It's like so ironical. How I use to hope I get married by 25 and when it didn't happen, I laughed it off and say okay before 30 is good. Maybe it was good, it didn't happen earlier. Cos for sure I know things are not going to work out. Even how aggressive and how much efforts and love I had put in, I sense, happiness is tough. But well, I have moved on, long while ago.

One day, when I have found that happiness, I will be gladly to share with everyone. My happiness is simple. The kind of love like when I am old and fragile, and can't bend down to paint my own toe nails, he will put on his thick grandfather specs and paint for me. Isn't this happiness simple? Haha. Even when everyone else always says there is no certainty in everything in life, which is true, you may wake up today to realise your loved one or a good friend has passed on, and there is nothing you can do to make the situation better. But at least, to me, I feel certainty is putting faith, trust and efforts to make things work, even if in the end they don't, you know there was certainty once, that you really want to path the future together.

I should nap. Got to work later. Take care all! =)

No comments: