Monday, July 26, 2010

Taboo

It's pouring outside. Am lying down flat on my tummy on my bed. Almost time to sleep I kept telling myself for the past one hour. Suddenly feel that Frankfurt New York is like a taboo flight. Ever since I started flying, every time I fly this route, there bound to have something happened. Big, small, trivial, serious, heart-breaking, breath-taking, whatever you name it. And I have a colleague telling me she always quarrel with the husband whenever they do the Frankfurt New York flight together.

I remembered my first Frankfurt New York I bought my first 2G iPhone ( okay that's for the ex), I queued for hours and still found it all worthwhile. I ever spent $800 on phone calls out of Frankfurt to Singapore just to quarrel with the ex-boyfriend. I had a great set of crew to fly to the big apple with me during the Christmas season and despite all the sectors were delayed cos of the snow storm, it was a happy one because everyone was nice and helpful.

And I also had one of the craziest Frankfurt New York flight ever. We partied. We drank a lot. We joked. We played silly games but we had fun. And for once, I was secretly hoping the 8days didn't have to end so quickly. I made a mistake. And I so totally regretted. I trusted certain people too much and end up I was the one losing out everything eventually and things had to turn out ugly. It's like sweet dreams turned out to be nightmares. And you know how it had felt? It's bitter.

We always fly. A lot of things can happen. And Frankfurt New York makes you think more than usual. Or maybe at least for me. As much as everyone is forever excited about the big apple. As much as people are guilty for disappointing others again and again. As much as people delete their thoughts away perhaps in fear of others reading and putting judgements to those thoughts. As much as we should always speak up for ourselves. Why can't people just face up with the reality, deal and embrace it?

Living up with expectations is tough. Embracing them rather than running away from them are more practical isn't it?

I have another Frankfurt New York coming up next week. Let's see what's next.:)

No comments: