Thursday, May 05, 2005

In a kid's world

I was super angry with my tuition kid just now & it was definitely not the 1st time that she made me feel so pissed off with her.

I tuition these 2 sisters. The elder one is not so clever but at least she is more sensible, well-mannered & well-behaved. The younger one is pretty good at her work but she is very naughty, likes to talk back to me & love to throw tantrums. Everyone in her family is like so scared of her & she is like so well-pampered (or should I say over-pampered), dominating her whole family. Spoil-brat. Boooo.....

Do you know what's her secret weapon to make you surrender to her? She will cry & cry & cry & shout & shout & shout like mad. But seriously, I don't eat her story. When I feel like it I will go & comfort her a little, if not, I will just leave her alone & let her cry herself out. I can't be bothered. It's just her way to get attention. When she knows that I am not taking notice of her even though she cries like nobody's business, she will purposely come & disturb me. Throw things like pillows at me, paste stickers behind my back, shake my chair, use crayons or pens to drew on me & blah blah blah. Sometimes she will also order or boss you around to ask you to do things for her. Eg. Pick up books & pencils for her, carry things for her, feed her (sometimes she eats her lunch/dinner during tuition), etc. I am like hello? I am not paid to be your maid ok! You shall pick up your own books & pencils, carry your things yourself & you are definitely big enough to eat yourself! Buay ta han. Arrrr..... There are just too much irritating doings that she does & they really frustrated me.

The most I do is to shout angrily at her & totally ignored her. Sometimes I really just feel so much like slapping her but I don't have the right to do so come to think of it. So contradicting. She always loves to disturb me as well whenever I am teaching her sister. I did tell her mother about it & she would like just scold her daughter in front of me & ask her to be a good girl, study hard & don't fool around. But from the way she talks to her & stuffs, I can already guess this is not going to work.

She threw tantrums at me again today. Why? Because she said she wants me to buy her sweets & pocky next week if not she doesn't want to study for her spelling & exams. Well, I do admit I did give her some sweets & goodies sometimes but I am not going to give in to her everytime. Again, she cried & shouted like mad just now. It happened during the timeslot when I was tutoring her sister. I scolded her & asked her to keep quiet & go study for her spelling. Actually I did try to comfort her & talk nicely to her but she just refused to listen. Threw things at me, pasted stickers on my back, used glue-stick to draw on my waist (you know sometimes when you sit down your shirt will lift up a little from your back), & kicked my chair. Grrrr.....

This time her mum came in with a cane & pretended she wanna cane her & the call her dad to complain about her. This made this little naughty cried even louder & said she doesn't want she doesn't want. Her mum also threatened her & said she is not going for tuition anymore. Knew what she did? She pulled up her dress, pulled down her panty & pee on the floor! Then she continued to cry & cry & throw everything that she could find in her room!

I let her cried for awhile more before I went to comfort her. Well, my comforting does wonders sometimes. Heehee..... I can say that she always feel better whenever I am the one who go & comfort her rather than her elder sis or mum. She listens to me. But frankly speaking, though she is mischevious, she has her good & innocent side too. She will give me hugs, kisses & put her hands around me without me noticing or when she is doing her work. Haa.....

One thing also. She will always apologise after every tantrum & whenever I forgive her. She will tell me she is sorry & she will draw me a nice card to tell me she loves me & she is sorry & she won't do it again. Well, sometimes looking at her young & innocent face whenever she says sorry & makes me cards & stuffs, I really can't make myself to feel angry with her more.

Today before I left her house, she whispered to my ear & told me she won't anyhow cry & pee on the floor anymore. Haahaa. Quite hilarious la when she said she promised not to anyhow pee anymore. Lol.

Nevertheless, I can truly understand how it feels like to be an educator to young children. It is so much tougher than you may think it will be. I know it is nothing compared to my friends who are schools teachers & childcare teachers. They gotta face so much more problems in schools. But I can't deny children do make our days sometimes. I believe all teachers feel that. =)

It is not easy to be an educator. Especially a good one. & it never will be.

No comments: