Saturday, January 22, 2005

Human Jam

Do you guys know which are the top 3 festivals/events in Singapore that you can find a lot of people shopping for stuffs? In my opinion, the answer is:

- Chinese New Year
- Great Singapore Sales
- Christmas

I was at Orchard today. The crowds were really terrible especially when I was walking from Wisma Atrium to Ngee Ann City. Many of the retail outlets were so jam-packed that I didn't even feel like going in. Everyone just seemed to be so rich, kept buying things & their hands were filled with so many shopping bags. Anyway, I sent my youngest brother's hp for servicing just now (need to collect tmr. diaoz. so ma fan.), bought 2 tops, 1 skirt (which is too big. shall change tmr.), a pair of earrings & some necessities from Watson. Ok la. I still haven't shop till I drop. Haha.

In the evening, my dad called to ask me to join them at Chinatown so I left 1st & went straight to meet my parents & my youngest brother at Chinatown. Hmmm. We had made a very bad choice to come to Chinatown today at such timing. Traffic jam. Human jam. Extremely bad. We were stucked in a human jam for nearly an hour do you believe? Freaking terrible. I was sweating like hell & the people just kept pushing & I thought it wasa really good opportunity for pickpockets & molesters. Luckily, my dad was walking & following behind me so I felt safe & protected. Hee. =p

The street that we were walking along was very small & narrow. With such a big crowd, it was already very difficult to walk, let alone a 2-way human traffic walking. Some people walking from my direction were shouting very loudly to the people who were walking towards our direction to have only 1-way human traffic walking. Somehow, I really didn't understand why there were still people who saw & witnessed so many other people trying to walk & squeeze out from the crowd & these people they still wanted to walk in an opposite direction as oppose to the crowd. Crazy right? There was this really fat, clumsy & fierce auntie who forced herself to walk & squeeze in the opposite direction of the crowd & when she was doing that, she kept scolding people saying that there was no such thing as 1-way traffic & blah blah blah. Super irritating. The businesses for stalls along the street were surprisingly no good at all because people just couldn't simply stop down to look at the things.

By the time we walked out from the street & the crowd, I was already super duper hungry & my legs were arching badly. We had to walk a pretty long distance to the carpark to get our car. ;\ After that, we bought dinner back home to eat. I was glad I was home. Sometimes I think it's rather nice to stay home & eat & watch tv rather than going out & squeeze your sweat out with the crowd. Haha. But somehow, you could sense the Chinese New Year's atmosphere over there. :)

Alright. I shall end here. I'll go & continue my assignment. Heh.

Good Night! =p

Is it YOU?

No comments: